Comprehensive Framework for Speed-Zone Guidelines
- Published: Shrestha, K. J., Shrestha, P. P. (2016)
- Authors: Shrestha, K. J., Shrestha, P. P. (2016)
- Date Added: 05 May 2017
- Last Update: 05 May 2017
Propose a comprehensive framework for a speed-zone manual
The paper reviewed the literature on speed, crashes, enforcement techniques, and speed-zone manuals. A nationwide survey was conducted to identify various factors affecting the decisions of speed zones establishing. The paper identified best practices based on the literature review and expert opinions, and proposed a comprehensive framework for a speed-zone manual.
The framework provided in this paper has six phases:
1) speed-zone identification;
2) speed-limit determination;
3) transition-zone detailed design;
4) speed-zone approval;
5) speed-limit enforcement; and
6) follow-up study.
Speed zone guideline; Speed limit guideline; Realistic speed limit; Traffic safety; Nevada Department of Transportation.